Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Last night I saw the book turened tavesty film, Jarhead. To be fair the movie wasn't that bad, but it sure wasn't the book. The book wowed me. Its filled with tales of marine life and the psychological scarring they seem to leave on a person. It was all about an individual losing himself and becoming a replica in the group. It was about weapons, personalities, and problems in today's military.
The film was almost a typical war film. Parts of the book I really liked were skiped over, or they were changed so as to ruin them. The few really nerve wracking encounters from the book became 1 minuite gloss overs in the film. Bah thats all I really feel about saying on it.
Recomendation, if you're bored and haven't read the book it might not be so bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

I liked Jarhead. I was bored. I didn't read the book. Normal I don't like war movies... So your saying the book is better...ummm... Looks like I'll be reading my first war book/reality based.

Get the postcard?

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home