Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Friday, September 23, 2005

WWPD - What Would Penguines Do?

http://www.alternet.org/movies/25610/

This article is quite hummorous, tackeling the sillyness of the Religious Right's attept to hijack the film "MArch of the Penguines" message and transform it into their typical family values nonsence.

Friday, I've finally made it here again. As usualy friday comes with its share of annoyances. Stupid me left my tubes with all of the decoated spores I made yesterday sitting on the bench in an ice bucket last night. They spontaniously Germinated and are mostly back in the cell stage of their lives so they are unusable. I checked stuff I had left 2 days in the fridge and its the same but not to the same degree. Its an interesting learning experience, but it has set me back a few days now. I'll proably have to stop in both days of the weekend to do stuff now, which blows.

Last night was game night with Dr. Giggles. I'm slowly comming to a place where the game is annoying me again. I don't like to be restricted by alignment. Which wouldn't be much of an issue, but the Prude and the Dud keep getting in the way when I need to cast spells. Oh and the prude bitches about it. If it wasn't for them the game would still probably be fun. All I know is if I get docked XP for blasting them too, I may retire the character. In some ways its sad beacuse I do like running him, but he dosen't exactly fit into this campaign. I have a back up one which would be more applicable.
I know I've been over this before, but its just sad how lousy these people are at making characters. The Dud has a decent rogue, which is about as hard to make as rock. Take skills for disable device, open locks, search, tumble, and anything else you want. Put high ability scores in dex and take weapon finess if you want to be a meele fighter. Thats about it. The rest of it is done for you. I wonder what the prude blew her last feat on.....

This weekend is looking up. Saturday we're heading out to the Island to do the Wine trail, which is always fun. Sunday will probably be a day long marathon of firefly to get us psyched up for the release of serenity next weekend.
Maybe I'll see some of you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home