Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, June 12, 2006

I had two odd dreams this morning.
The first I can only partially remember, but it had something to do with school. I remember waking up thinking I had to get up and go in, that is until I looked over and saw it was only 3AM.

In the second dream, my friend C had stayed over for a weekend, but for some reason I didn't know she had come up, so in the dream it was sunday and she was comming out of the guestroom and complaining that no one had paid attention to her all weekend. Then I came out of my room, stark raving nakid and I'm having a conversation with her about how I didn't know she was here, yada yada yada. So she got really mad and starts saying all these odd things about how I didn't know what I was doing and this was all wrong. And she had this weird demonic like voice.
Yeah it didn't make a lot of sence.

Over the weekend, we went to my parent's place for my dad's birthday. Had some steak and bannanna cream pie then broke out the pokemon monoply for some old school gaming.

Sunday I pretty much just hung around and played final fantasy 10(X). I must say it wasn't nearly as good as I expected. The last FF game I really played was 7. It had a great story line with lots of things you could do, many side quests, and even multiple endings and paths to take for each part of it. 10 seems to be more like watching a movie. The animation is really good, but there really isn't any options to the story and there are so many cut scenes I think I've watched more than I've played. The game really locks you in to the linear story. You can't detour really anywhere and you are even forced to play some stupid sports game (blitzball) in the middle of it. I couldn't even deal with the instructions for blitzball, because each one, and there were like 10, goes on for about 8 minutes. You can't exit out of them. You can't skip through them. If you want to learn to play, you have to spend over an hour watching your guy swim back and forth on the screen without being able to control him.

So none the less, it is a big dissappointment. I like the story in it much better than 8, which was annoying. But I want to explore. I want to talk to people and learn interesting tidbits to understand the story. I don't need to just plow through the game and have anyhting signifigant told to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I absolutely SUCKED at Blitzball. It's worth it to see Manu and whatserass hug at the end though. (Lilli? I can't remember her name) Rikku is the bomb yo!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home