Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, July 17, 2006

Monday July 17th, I know it muist seem odd that I'm posting first thing in the morning but there is news to share. This past weekend, specifically this past friday, I diverged from the lifestyles of a swinging bacholar and have entered into the premarital aggrement affectivly known as engaged.
So whats the whole story, you're probably asking, well here goes.
The date was July 7th and I had gotten in at a normal sort of time. In my email in box I found a letter from the FayCullen compagny teling me the ring I thought would take 12-20 weeks to procure was in fact on its way. I effectivly freaked out. In my mind there was weeks of planning still to be had, when in actuality monday would be the date whence I would be aquiring the means with which to propose.
Monday came and I called in sick so that I would be around to sign for the delivery. Deb being one never to pas up a day off decided it would be best if she stayed home as well, just to make getting the ring in secret al the more challenging. The hours of the day ticked by and I was freightened that Deb would decide that now, as the guy was walking up to the house would be the best time to stop taking a nap and come down stairs. As it turned out, that momrnt never came. The tracking of the package didn't change all day and at the end of the day it still said delivery on time for monday. Stupid UPS.
Tuesday, the package began to move. I had already burned off my one day of off time for the week so at work I was. The package required a signature so I knew it wouldn't just be elft at the house, but a note on the door would have given the entire jig up. Deb sends my an email saying she dosen't have much to do and should be home early. I finished up my experiments and was out and moving by two. I arrived home just after three in plenty of time to snag the note off of the door. I make a quick call to UPS, the package will be back there for pick-up after 7pm. I take off. The plan was to "dick" around town for a while until Deb got home so that it wouldn't seem like I had been there to alter anything. I came back at 4:30 and she still wasn't there, so much for a short day. I decided to blow some time playing FF10. She arrives home ~10 minutes later. At ~6:40 I mention I want to go down to Sarge's Comics, one place she never wants to go to. I'm out again. I get to UPS just at 7 and get the ring, then go up to best buy and pick up some anime, which I could say I bought at Sarges. I arrive home and she is none the wiser.
Wensday, Thursday, and Friday are spend making plans and remaking plans. The orgional plan was to create a special box for the ring made out of a treasure chest from mage knight. The chest turns out to be too small to contain the ring. I freak out again and almost cal off the whole plan.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home