Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, July 03, 2006

Monday Monday!

God, it's nice to get back to work so I can relax! My house is sqeaky clean! I'm so tired, though, I can barely stand up. We had a fantastic visit with Purge's family on Saturday and Sunday. I felt so bad, they got caught in some terrible traffic, but they finally made it and it was so great to see everyone. I really wished they could have stayed longer, but we had to work today. And I know they were eager to get home so they wouldn't be stuck in another traffic jam. It took them 4 hours from Long Island and 6 hours from Jersey to get to us. They made it home in 2 hours and 3 hours, respectively yesterday, which is a little quicker than normal travel time.

Last night, my parents took me, Purge, Nightskye and my cousin Burp on the boat over to Madison to watch the fireworks. It was very pretty, but I nearly fell asleep on the way back. I wanted to stay up and read, but my head hit the pillow and I was out like a light. I feel really bad for Purge because he had to be in at 7:00 a.m. this morning. I was able to sleep until 8:00 a.m.

I'm pretty sure my boss is going to let us go early today. So I'm making sure my desk is cleaned off so I don't get hammered on Wednesday with stuff. The phones are really slow. We had a Hello Kitty moment that you can read about at my Live Journal I'm going to go home and read my book for the rest of the day with a soda and a couple of cats. Then I'm going to watch my Inu Yashi DVDS and knit. Tomorrow, I'm going to sleep as late as I want. We bought new sheets. They're 600 thread count so they're just this shy of sateen -- which I hate. To tell you the truth, I like my 400 count Eyptian cotton better, but these are still pretty nice. I'd love to get my hands on the sheets at the Sheriden by the Airport. Those sheets are amazing. Everytime, we fly out for an early flight, we try to stay there the night before. It's always a good sleep.

So the summer is finally upon us. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time in Jacknife's pool. I want to drop some pounds and I love to swim. Of course, this means I should probably not have "Funny Bones" for breakfast either, but I was in a fog this morning and they were the first things I grabbed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

I have never heard of these "Funny Bones" you speak of Jamie.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

LOL, I can't believe I posted in Ryan's journal instead of mine ::heh heh:: I must've been out of it from the weekend.

Oh! Funny Bones are a hostess snack cake. They are peanut butter cream filled chocolate cakes covered in chocolate icing. Very dietetic -- NOT! :D

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home