Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Well the flag burning ammendment to the constitution has failed by only one vote. And to that I say, Horay!!
Though as with the proposed ban on gay marriage It is disturbing at how close these votes have been.

I read through the report and see quotes from asses like Bill Frist "Countless men and women have died defending that flag," said Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., closing two days of debate. "It is but a small humble act for us to defend it."
No ass wipe. Countless men and women have died defending the freedom america represents, freedom which all too many americans now take for granted. What is a flag anyway but a symbol. What is more important, to defend a symbol or to defend what the symbol stands for? The american flag in its self is meaningless, just some colored cloth. If we didn't have the rights given to us in the constitution and bill of rights, that cloth and dye might as well be rearranged to that of Iran or other countries rules by fear and oppression.

Now on the subject of flag burning/desecration in itself, I am opposed to it. As an american I love my country and it is somewhat disturbing to see a symbol of it tarnished. But as an american, if another american feels the need to express himself by burning a flag, it is my responsibility to stand up for his rights to do so. It is also my responsibility to express myself to him by telling him to Fuck Off. This is the beauty of freedom of speach and expression.

Getting off politics, Last night I saw Ultra Violet. It was actually much better than I expected. The plot was a little weak as it is with most scifi films. And it was kind of funny seeing the chick for resident evil staring in another scientificly engineered virus gone wrong film (talk about wacky type casting). Over all, I thought the effects were quite good and more importantly the technology and vision in the film were fairly unique and a nice change up from the normal furutistic world we are becoming accustomed to.
To all who like this sort of thing I deffinatly reccomend it.

Also last night we finished the Anime series Gilgamesh. I must say the ending was a little dissappointing and a lot confusing. I may have to go and read the manga to try to understand it all. It kind of saddens me when series I like have wacky endings which just leave the viewer hanging or when they don't seem to fit with the rest of the series as was with Beserk.

Also did some more cleaning last night. Its actually good that we host functions every now and then so those problem areas in the house get picked up a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home