Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Its going to be a long slow day. Other lab members are usning equipiment I need so now I have to wait. I really don't like days like this.
Yesterday I send in my resiginations from the RPGs. Really it felt good, like a big weight lifted.

Also yesterday I read something very disturbing and feel the need to spread this info around.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-teeth18jun18,0,6070665.story?track=tottext

This article deals with what is called holistic dentistry.
I think I'm beginning to just associate the word holistic with very negative connotations, but well justified.

For those of you who don't like to read the articles I link to, holistic dentistry is the proactice of curing bodily ailments through the teeth, specifically by removing your teeth. They usually seem to start by replacing all of your silver fillings with their more expensive resin ones. If that dosen't make you feel better, then they start pulling. If removing all of your teeth dosen't work they will start taking parts of your jaw bone.

This is simply ludricious. There is no, absolutly no scientific or medical data which shows that this is an effective treatment for any of the diseases or symptoms they claim to cure. Things like cancer. Its some nonsence which was sleightly popular back in the early 19oo, back before we knew much about oral hygiene, back when amputation was a regular treatment . Come on people, haven't we progressed some since then? I'd like to think we have moved past chewing on roots, sticking leeches on people, and hacking off body parts as normal medical treatment.

Apparently some people are just suckers. The Doc said this was good for me, so I do it. Well if the Doc said eating dog shit was a cure for cancer would you do that too? Well there are those people who drink their own urine I guess.
Why is the world full of so many morons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home