Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, July 17, 2006

My coffee pal isn't here yet so the story continues.
Friday comes and I am convinced to go through with it even without the special packaging. I get some good advice from some friends.

On the way home, I stop in to get some flowers, both roses and a bouquet of other flowers Deb likes. I arrive home just before her and hide the flowers. Its game night so she usually takes a nap before hand, which would give me plenty of time to get everything ready. Here is a transcript.
Deb: Oh I got home too late, now I don't have time for a nap.
ME: Oh you've got at least 90 minutes, thats plenty of time.
Deb: thats not enough time.
Me: Sure it is, you don't want to fall asleep durring the game.
Deb: I'm going to start making cookies and bagle dip.
Me: *quietly*damn frick dig ding dong

Now while she is in the kitchen cooking stuff up, I'm in the dining room, hoping she dosen;t decide to take the five steps to see what I'm up to. I empty out my dice box, an engraved wooden box, I cut the heads off two roses and place them in the box. I go into the kitchen to check on Deb, she is still cooking. I come back into the dinning room. I remove the ring from its place in by book bag. I open the box it is in and place it in the dice box and close the box. I check on Deb, still cooking. I return to the dining room and write out on an index card, "I love you Deb Fix, Will you Marry me?" I place the card in the box. It won't stay in place. I close the box and check on Deb. She is almost done cooking and is now starting to wonder around. I slip over to the roll top desk and get the tape. Then in between her walking by, I tape the card in place. Everything is set to go...Except the game!!

With less than an hour left I sketch out the dungeon and whip up some monsters. People begin to arrive. There is some food, some fun, and a good night of ass kicking. One of our players was having some family troubles so he had to go early, but came back a bit later, poor guy.
So as the night is winding down and the party finishes off the last monster they will fight I read off the treasure list, which includes a small locked box. They have no rogue so Deb's character is the only one who can open the box. She does, to much shock. I break out the flowers and there is much cheering, crying, and the like. She did say yes, BTW.

So thats how it all went down.
Oh and for those of you who don't remember any of this, you were probably too drunk at the time and blacked it out.
Also for any of you who remember Deb falling asleep on the couch and being semi comatose through the entire end of the game, you were probably on crack, cause whats written above is exactly how it went down :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so psyched!

Now, pretend we're in an alternate dimension. What would happen say if we never killed the monster so no treasure list was generated. How would the proposal have gone that way?

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cast remove curse on the ring.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home