Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Beleifs are BS.
So I'm at lunch today and having a conversation with a friend of mine and for some reason it turns to evolution.
"I don't beleive in evolution" She tells me.
I just sit there dumb founded. She is a smart chick and a scientist. I just don't get it.
"How can you not beleive in evolution? What about all the data?" I ask.
"I beleive we evolve." She counters.
"Well what does that mean?"
"I beleive we were created by God, with Adam and Eve." She says matter of factly. "I didn't come from a monkey."
"There is no data to support that, while there is a lot of very compelling data to support evolution."
"Well its what I beleive." She concludes.
This is about where its pointless to continue.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Blindly beleiving in something is just silly and childish. Life is about exploration and discovery. You should never be afraid to examine the world around you. If your beleifs can't stand up to modern scrutiny they are probably best left in the ancient world where they began.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home