Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

This isn't the post I though I would be writing, but the world can change in a moment.
One moment I was cleaning up equipment, thinking of clever responces, the next I feel the buzzing in my pocket of the cell phone.

Yesterday my grandmother went into the hospitle. She had fluid in her lungs and her body was lacking electrolytes. They started treatment. My family stayed with her until about 3:00, then went home. Just before 5:00 they got a call that her heart rate was getting weaker. She died before they could get there.

My grandmother has had cancer for a while now. I've known, mentally prepared and all that, but this was quick. Much quicker than anyone expected. I was hoping to take a trip down to see her this summer................

My grandmother was a good person. She and my grandfather lived through many of the US's troubled times. He went off to fight in WW2 and she stayed here and raised my father and his sisters. She was a strong woman. She was religious and beleived in the goodness of people. We may not have agreed on many things, a lot of which had to do with my apperance, but I have great respect for who she was.

I am not a religious person, but I do hope there is a better place now for her and my grandfather. One where he will have his mind back that alzheimers stole and the two of them will live on a farm like the one they had in indiana before they lost it to the deperssion. I like to think they would be happy there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Yeah, Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother too. Give us a call if you need anything.

8:28 AM  
Blogger ladymurasaki said...

*huge bear hug* Call me if you wanna talk...

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home