Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Well I survived another day of insanity, not sure if they are getting better or worse.
I got an X-mas card from my friends up north. It always seems that thier notes and gifts find me when I am at my worst. They always seem to brighten my mood and turn the world right side up, for that I thank them and apreciate the gestures beyond wordly thanks.

Of cource now I need to find some bits of wackiness to send back, which is also fun:) Hahahahaha

Over the weekend I saw the 40yr old virgin and the island.
40YOV was much better than I thought it was going to be. Of cource I though it was going to be horrible, especially after seeing "the office", the lead actor's TV show, but it was suprisingly light and fun and funny. I must say I saw a few too many similarities between myself and the main character and if you know me and see the film you probably will too. Its not the virgin part BTW or his fantastic way with women.

"The Island" was also good, but I figured it out way too quickly. Maybe I'm too smart for my own good, or I just get movie paranoia. If life were more like movies I would so be the King I should be. That is unless Life were like king kong, then I would be a duke or something. I may be ultra cool, swank, and savoir, smart, fast, and strong, but even I can't fight a giant gorilla. Its just not in the cards.

Oh yeah I think I was supposed to stop posting here, but as usual I can't follow my own advice.

Ah and "get busy living or get busy dying" the quote from the Shawshank redemption. Thank you to my loyal reader for remembering that. As to what it means, I'm not really sure. I haven't seen the movie for a while, but if I recall correctly he won a boat at the end or something like that, so the quote must have been good.
The guy in "the Island" won a boat at the end too, I wonder if there is some connection?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

Hey, don't quit posting here. Just tone it down (then you might bore people away.) This is the only place I go to make sure you are alive, doing well (better than me:P) and my daily entertainment! If you quit writing here, I'd have to go read some dull and lame comic for my daily dose of craziness. Can't have that now can we.

As for 40 yr old virgin, it was surprisingly good. The Island wasn't bad. King Kong on the other hand was ... to put it mildly... a B-movie with A-movie budget. :P I say wait for video.

Anyways, I've gotta go back to planning my day off tomorrow. My vote is for sitting on my ass and watching Dune plus Children of Dune to top off the butt numbing experience.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home