Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Today began with dreams of wackiness. All very real mind you. So in this dream I'm taking to some girl not exactly sure who she was at first, but apparently we went to high school together. So she starts asking me if I still keep in touch with anyone from school. I start to rattle off the names of people I went to college with: Ian, Camile, Amy J, ect and she nods like she knows who they are. Then I tel her "oh and of cource, Bidney" who is a chick I went to HS with. Then she sort of morphs into Bidney and we start making out. I woke up a bit after that.
Weird but cool dream.

So I had to go down to the deep dark dungon of the library to find some wacky journal from the 60's. Journals from 69 and earlier are in the old bacement. So I search around and find the european journal of biochem and get my article. As I'm putting it back I scan down the shelf and what do I find? Eugenics quartly. For those of you who don't know Eugenics was a field of science, and I use that term loosly, that tried to corelatedifferent human characteristicts and stuff. Here are two examples I picked out thumbing through the 1955 book, Fertility and american women and Intelegance of people in the blue ridge mountains.
Its really interesting what passed for science at one time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home