Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

J'returne.
Yes after not even 12 hours at home I'm back here at school. At least I survived yesterday without any big calamities and at least my experiment worked so I don't have to repeat it.

So whats the deal with all of these immagrant strikes and boycotts?
I'm sorry but its really just bullshit.

No don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who move to and join this country legally. Heck at one time or another all of our families did so. Yes, even you "native" americans, you just came here earlier than anyone else.
So now we have a system for people to enter and become part of the US legally. It may not be the best system. It may not even be a great system, but until it gets changed thats the system. Thats the law.

People who come here illegally are breaking the law.
People who work here illegally are breaking the law.
People who know they are illegal and hire them are breaking the law.
We shouldn't put up with this.
I don't care if you have been here for years. Just because you've been sneaky and have been able to get away with it dosen't mean we should keep letting you or even reward you with citizenship. Hell If I don't pay taxes for 5 years, the governent isn't going to just tell me, hey you beat the system you don't have to pay taxes any more or better yet give me a high five and a job at the IRS. This isn't how laws work. We can't just pick and choose the laws we follow.

Now as citizens of this country we have certain rights. One of which is that we can peacably assemble. Another is that we can petition the government for changes.

People here illegally don't have these rights. They aren't citizens. So if they want to assemble and have stupid boycotts, I say we nonpeacably box them up on busses and send them back to where ever they came from.

See the key to doing something illegal is to be sneaky about it.
Standing up and yeling "Hey I snuck into this country and I'm not going to take your abuse anymore" is not very sneaky.
You didn't hear Al Capone yelling "Hey I'm sick of Elliot Ness trashing my illegal speak easys and dumping my bootleged booze."
And if by chance he did, the Fed sure wouldn't say "Wow, you really snuck all that hooch by us. We''ll build you a new speak easy where you can keep serving it."

Fuck no! They shut him down.
Then citizens petitioned the governemnt to leagilize liquor again. The laws got changed. And we have a happy story of american sucess.

I will be way pissed if bush just waves the magic wand of citizenship over these criminals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home