Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

So this week is still blasting off with wild news.
Deb's friend Eric has decded to take a short vacation form his normal life and move in with us for a week. So far the only real change is I need to wear clothes while hanging around the house.

So the wedding progresses. What I thought was going to be a nice and long engagement turns out we're going to tie the knot some time next year, most likely in the month of October. So set aside some time because just about everyone who reads this is invited. I say just about because there may be some peeps I don't know partaking my written thoughts.

So let me allow you to whitness what I'm calling "the big lie". If you're already married you probably already know this, but for those of you who aren't...
This is what your girlfriend tells you "Oh we don't have to get married just now, I just want the ring."
Now don't fall for this! MAybe she's lying, maybe she is just honestly naieve, but as soon as she gets that ring, she's going to call her mother, her sister, her best girl friends. And all of them are going to start in "When's the date, When's the date, When's the date!" and "You don't want to be engaged too long! More than a year is trouble! You need to set a date now!!!!"

And the next thing you'll be hearing is "Oh, how is next fall for you, or maybe next spring" No care to the fact that your multiple K$$ in the hole for an astetic pile of carbon and gold. Noo, now is the time to start really going in debt. Average wedding cost around New London area in Ct, 26,000$$$$ Thats more than I put down on my house. More than I paid for my car. Making this the biggest purchase I've pretty much ever made, for one day of entertainment. And I'm still making just enough to make ends meet.
bah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home