Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Wensday, te day before American Thanksgiving. I should still be in bed riight now, or at least sitting on my coouch watching Mind knumbing TV, but instead I'm here at school/work. I had some stuff to finish up which is now taking like 4 hours instead of 2 since I have to drive both ways. We really should start working on teleporting machines or at least flying cars. I still couldn't afford one, but at least then there would be less traffic and probably less cops (ground units) so then I could drive faster.

I finished "Incubuss dreams" on the ride in. It probably should have been titled "Succubus dreams" Emphesis on the suck. Although I would like not to spoil it for anyone intending to read it, too bad. Truthfully I don't see it as really spoiling it since nothing happened.

To recap, thhe book jacket promised sherlock holmes in a supernatural world (vamps and were things). What the book actually delivers:
talk about SEX
talk about SEX
Dead Hooker Found
SEX
SEX
SEX
SEX
SEX
Second dead Hooker found
injured cop found
Attack on Vamp lair
Realization all the Kick ass vamps aren't there
SEX
The End.

So what was this book? A copy of Penthouse Forum mixed with half an issue of Blade. And this is some award winning highly acclaimed Author? Its just pathetic.
And why may I ask are all the good supernatural things strippers and hookers? Frenchie, the all powerful master Vamp of the city spends all of his time hanging out at strip clubs which he owns and operates. The Lychentropes are just abbout all strippers. The ugly vamps are usually bouncers at the strip clubs. WTF. What ever happened to all of the cool vamps? What after living over 1000 years the best thing you have found to do with your self is mannage some half nakid dancers? At least the Anne rice vamps are cool.....Well I take that back. they were cool up until that Blackwood farm guy. He sucks. He should be one of the crappy strippers from ID.
So thats the world, but what about the integral detective story, you may ask. surely there were all sorts of clues and discovery and intrigue...
Nope, Anita (refered to as the slut from here on in) bumbles around porking just about everything supernatural that moves, thogh she makes a point to say she dosen't do just that a lot. Finally the slut find her was to a sucky Vamp church, where she mind reads one of the members. He gives her the name of the master vamp she has been searching for as well as his address. Cops move in End of story.....or is it.
After killing all of the Suckpires in the lair, the slut realizes that this was too easy. The master vamp shhe was looking for couldn't hhave been there because all the vamps they killed sucked (literally as well as figurativly). The Slut despiratly pleeds with coppo-numbero-ono to leave the case open. He tells her to go home.
The slut goes home and porks one of her boyfriends, real end of the story.
I guess we have to wait until the next book to see the true master vamp go down. True master vamp is named Vittorio BTW, which is an Anne Rice vamp. She could have at least made up her own Vamp name.
I think I may have to write the author and tell her exactly what I though of this book.

On a side note, I began "Fight Club" so far it kicks ass. I'm at the veryy beginning so I don't know how cllose it will be to the film, but we'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

Ok, now that you read the latest Anita Blake book in a long series. I dare you to go pick up the first one. It'll take all over 2 hours tops to read. Trust me, it should drop your jaw when compare it to the latest.

:P

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home