Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Toady started fairly well....well actually fairly normal. I've currently got STP stuck in my head, but I can't remember the name of the song and for some reason its not in my ipod. Interesting question why aren't any of my popular disks in my pod. I have a feeling my siblings ravaged my music collection before I moved out and now I only have the weird disks left.

Last night I watched blade trinity, the extended version. It was about what I expected. If you have seen blade 1 or blade 2, you have seen blade trinity. The blade series is one series that dosen't really grow at all. Each film is exactly the same. Blade is a bad ass vampire hunter. He kicks some but, then the vamps strike back. Blade's budy whistler gets killed. Then blade invades the vamp lair where the big baddie is. They fight blade wins. Roll credits.
So if you want to see plotless ass kicking then I redomend blade trinity.

Some films that I saw over the weekend which weren't commented on yesterday due to space.

"National treasure": This is truly a poor man's "romancing the stone", which is a poor man's "Indiana Jones". There were some interesting ideas in this film and the plot was fun, but the writing was sub standard. The one liners weren't what they could be and the love arc just seemed to be tossed in as an after thought, meaning there was no real forshadowing to it, unless you count there is a male and female lead as foreshadowing. Beyone that the film just ran too long. It was over two hours. A lot of the scenes seemed to drag on and just go nowhere.
I will say this, the film did give me an idea to run a campaign of treasure hunters, which if done right would be a lot of fun. That said I can't in good concusious recomend this film. If it had been about an hour shorter it would have been better.

"Down with Love": I was weary about this film at first. An all star cast in some semi unknown romantic comedy is often a sign of disaster. Instead it was a masterpeice. The plot its self is fairly simple, but well worked through. The dialogue is nothing short of spectatular, but would be nothing without the timing and blocking of the characters. The costumes and set are the vibrant designs of a broadway show, the only thing missing would be a music number. So in short, smart, funny, fun, and with a twist at the end no one could see comming. I highly recomend. I laughed through most of it.

Thats it for today, now back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home