Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, May 16, 2005

Well its done. I succeeded in not throwing up or having a total panic attack. As for the presentation its self, lets see....
I probably rolled an 11 or 12 on my inteligance check, and a 4 or 5 on my perform check.
In real terms, I answered questions but not as well as I could have. My notes got lost in powerpoint so I had to just guess at some of the techniques which didn't go all so great.
My performance over all?
Well people didn't throw rotton fruit and boo and hiss, but maybe they just didn't come prepared.
A few of them did fall asleep and I stuttered and stumbled through most of it in a not so loud voice. Ugh:(

But its done and the 20ish minuite talking to I got afterward is also done. Now I just have to prep for friday, which I will, for real this time.

As to the weekend.
Friday's game went really well. We were playing until midnight, but I wanted to finish this part of the adventure. Everyone seemed to like the puzzles and traps I came up with, no one died, and only one preson lost their equipment, but the things they picked up along the way were more than worth it. I really need to stop rolling random treasure.

Sat started out with a nice big breakfast. Kyle, one of the players spent the night because he drove down from NYC to play, what a trooper. So we had a good chat in the AM about the nature of socifty and the balance of conflict and cooperation. He took off about 1ish. BZ got up about an hour after that. She had gone back to bed after breakfast.

We went out and did our weekly shopping, then went out to marguritas with her friend Jill. It was a fun night over all and had the potential to work its self into an adventurous night, but I for one was having words with Mr. Montazuma after an Enchilate from hell.
We ended up watching Dodgeball instead. Man it just gets funnier and funnier. I'm thinking White Goodman would make an excelent low level villian.

Sunday I got up fairly early and tried to work on my presentation. In fact I spent most of the day trying to do that and not getting too far. We did go out and pick up a DVD-burner because our player upstairs sucks and the replacements in that price ranger all seemed crappy as well.
Got back from that, ordered pizza, and stayed up until 11:30ish working on figures and models for the paper.

Woke up early today and came in to finish working on it. See above for how it went. Now I'm about ready for a drive home and some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home