Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Friday, May 13, 2005

Woo hoo, its friday again and better yet game night. Tonight is a travesty of tricks, traps, treasures, and puzzles (couldn't think of a T word for it). It should be a god game and a challenge to everyone.

My presentation is still in the planning phase and I have 3 days till its go time. Lord I love to procrastinate.

Last night was the other D&D game. Its slowly becoming less and less fun. From 7:30 to 10:30 we had 4 encounters, thats about 1 per 45 min if anyone is counting. The dice were not with me as my new brass set rolled 5% or less three times failing spells. I may have to say I'll take 95-100 for my failure...which isn't a bad idea.

Mostly it was just kind of dull. The DM is new and still trying to work out the challenge rattings correctly, which means most things are too easy or to hard. Most of them are just the hack and slash sort though and we really don't have a good front line fighter, hell as a mage I have better hit points and AC than our fighter and our monk. Which is just wrong.

Also one of the players really annoys me. Pretty much anyone who says they just want to play the game and not worry about all the books and stuff really needs to be slapped. All the different books are what you use to make sure your character isn't some cookie cutter version of the core classes. Also if anything you do need to actually read the player's handbook. Otherwise you won't know what feats to take, what spells to take, what skills are important to you, ect.
Maybe I am a bit of a power gamer. I just don't want to play a sucky character. I read up on pretty much everything, know most feats, spells, skills, classes and resteige classes for the most part by heart. Ugh.....

Also it would be nice if she had a better sence of hummor. As has been for the last three or four years now, some one tells a joke or pun or something like that, which relates to her character, and now we get to hear it every 5 minuites.

Heh, I shot her with a lighting bolt last night. She wasn't too happy about that. It would be fair payback to killer her char off, concidering she has killed two of mine so far. As fun as that would be, She would probably cry about it and I'd have to hear about how I don't like her, through sobs, again. It just wouldn't be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home