Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Monday, lovely monday, well its not really but it fells like it is.
I guess I'll give out the lowdown.
Friday BZ and I picked up and flew out to the wonderfulness of Minnesota for a down home style wedding. 3 hours of fun on the plane, then over an hour car ride and we arrived. We chatted it up with her family some and I got the tour of her house. We hit the sack some time around midnight or later. (sounds exciting eh?)
We got up, dressed, showered, and hit the road. 3 hours later (possibly more) we arrived at the church. [author's note: I despise churches. It seems like every wedding I go to I tell myself this will be the last. I don't need to sit around and listen to some leach yap about how everything is only possible with the love of god.] At least the ceremony went fairly quickly maybe an hour total. The bride cried through almost the whole thing which was kind of sweet. After the Wedding it was back in the car for about 30 minuites to get to the reception.
The reception was in a very small room with too many tables in it at the american legion, which I'm guessing is sort of like a VFW or something. Apetitsers and deserts were served. Beer was free everything else was pay. Mixed drinks were made wrong and portions were small. I mean come on. How hard is it to make a midori sour. The name says it all Midori, sour = midori and sour mix, not spirte as was the drink I recieved. Not too much else to say about the reception.

BZ's friends were fun, funny, and nice. It is too bad none of them live anywhere near us.

So wedding is over, we go back to the hotel. I order a mizza and am first told that they don't deliver, which is crappy because the pizza place in downstairs in the hotel and second I am over charged for the pie as their fliers in the hotel aren't current. Third the pizza is ass. It was in all rights a freezer pizza and I have actually had better freezer pizza.

So we have reached sunday. We pile back into the car and drive for over 3 hours back to BZ's home, with a short stop off for some shopping (best part of the trip, besides meeting the friends). I got to check out a ShopKo for the first time. Its like a walmart, but cheaper, which was cool. We finally make it back to the house and I am riddled with nausea, due to too much car time mixed with eatnig chips and drinking soda for almost the whole car time. I pass out till about 8pm then get up chat for a bit and go back to bed.

Up early the next day, breakfast of steak and eggs (bad idea) and back on the road. Over an hour back to the airport with a stop off to see one of BZ's friends homes and child (which was nice). Then its another 3 hours in the air to get back to CT and over an hour driving to get home.

So my nice extended weekend boils down to a lot of time sitting in one sort of vechicle or another.

At least my reagents didn't come in so I didn't miss much of anything here. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home