Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, July 31, 2006

The last week or so has just been crazy busy. I've barly had time or thoughts to post so I'll do a little catch up.

So the wedding plans continue to progress. We've hit our first big sag so far. BZ's father has refused to dress up as darth vader, which has really upset her. I could just see it in her face that she was almost rethinking the whole theme idea. It just makes me sad. I just can't imagine not making such a small sacrifice for my kids when I have them. Lets say for instance my son is gay or something and decides he wants to have a drag queen wedding. Now I sure as hell don't want to throw on some heels and a dress, but its my kid. I'm going to love him and respect his oddities. I can suck it up for a few hours and leave my comfort zone, if its going to make a big diference on an important day like that for him.
I just hope her father comes around.

We're still looking for a venue, but we may have a caterer. Costumes are comming slow, but I have some good leads for cheaper stormtrooper outfits. Getting high quality props (lightsabers, blasters, ect) is also a pain. Its a good thing I'm well practiced in all that.
What is nice is the reaction we have gotten on the idea so far. Just about everyone we've pitched it to is very excited about it. Heck we've even had some people we don't know, ask us to invite them and have offered to dress up as some of the more difficult star wars characters, which is cool.

The weekend went well over all. Friday was game night. My tarot card anagrams went over well. After they figured out the cards were the secret to the riddles they were able to solve each one in a few minuites, which is much less time than it took to make them. It seemed like a fun time for all. There were a few serious death threats as always, but no player deaths. I think I've found a decent middle point of threat level for this party, which has been difficult up to this point. The only problem I'm beginning to have is my high level baddies keep teleporting away before the end of the fight so they survive. I'm getting too many reoccuring villians so I'll have to do something about that soon.

Saturday we came in to school for a while. My experiment from friday apparently got contaminated and had colonies all over the plate. So today I'm running experiments to see if I have gotten rid of the contamination or not.

After the visit to school, me and BZ went to our friend Bill's BBQ-Picnic dealie. It was a lot of fun. I ended up drinking a lot more than I normally do, but didn't really get drunk. Besides the food, which was fantastic, probably the best part were the people. Its not often I get to hang out in an environment of nerds, geeks, ect. There were conversations about star wars, online video games, superhero films, D&D, and more. It was my "base" and I felt very at home there.

Sunday was finally a day of rest. We did some shopping, which was kind of sad. When you need to buy new clothes because everything you have is tight its never good. At least Kohls had some good deals so I walked away with about 5 new outfits for 85$. The rest of the day was spend catching up on stargate and stargate atlantis shows we've missed.

There is probably more to report and things I've forgotten, but for now, its time for lunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

YOUR going to do a Star Wars wedding?! *blink, blink* If I didn't know you I'd say your crazy. But I don't think that. I think you two are GENIUSes.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home