Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, August 07, 2006

Well this week is off to a stelar start. We'll get to that in a minuite.
The weeked was fun and good. Satruday, me, BZ, my sister and the Chad all went up to wickham park in manchester and met up with Mn Kim and Michael and Ian for a power round of disc golf. I came in second over all. Its been a long time since I've played and I was way out of shape and practice.
The game ended and we scrimaged for a quick round of Tron. Its kind of like Frisbee tag and lots of fun.
From there me and BZ ran home for a quick shower then were off to stonington to see Pirates 2. I had heard a lot of bad reviews so I was a little worried. Also since we were ruinning late it looked like we would just barly make the film before it started.
So we get to the theatre and low and behold there is a line, maybe 20 people in front of us. Time check 7:06, movie starts, 7:05.
Crap. I jump out of line to grab some munchies so we can do a little multi tasking. Then it happens.
"Reet Reet Reet," The lights flash and an automated message begins to play. "Warrning, There is an Emergency in the theatre. Please depart via the exits in a calm manner." It repeats.
I look around and slowly people are heading for the door, so I follow suit. We end up standing around outside for like 30 minuts as the fire trucks get there and check the place out. Appears a battery in on of the alarms was low or something so it went off. Finally the firemen exit the building and I slowly inch my way through the crowd which has formed. The moment people start moving I'm off like a shot. Being a giant helps at times. I end up 4th in line. We get our tickets. We get in to the theatre and since there was the emergency they start the film at the begging and we miss nothing.

Pirates 2, dead man's chest IMO was a good film. The first pirates was great, this one could have been better but was still good. I really liked a lot of the fight scenes. The director had some really inventive ways to conduct a battle. I have only two real issues with the film.
1. The end was a total cliff hanger. I don't mind a little mystery at the end of my films or some unresolved issues, but here everything was unresolved and ends in some very precarious situations, the kind you don't want to wait a year to see how they will turn out.
2. The bad pirates weren't scarry enough. They half sea creatures they were, were almost more comical than scarry. The undead moon light zombies the first bad pirates were was freaky and a really cool effect. These new pirates were more like fighting the sidekicks from the little mermaid.

So sunday was a day of shopping. I was able to complete my list of things for BZ's birthday. It was also fairly restful.

Whcih brings us to monday and the horrors. Gencon, which I thought was next week is in actuality this week. This means instead of having a week and a half to prep for it I've got 2 days. We're lacking invintory. We're lacking posters/ advertising/ booth stuff. We're lacking the T-shirt give aways I wanted to do. I haven't finished the scenery peices I was working on. So in short I'm not at all ready. Whcih means this will probably be just another big waste of money. K-Biz thinks we'll sell about 50 boards, which if he had mentioned that earlier I would have nixed the whole thing. Lets run some numbers:
50 boards at 15$ each, minus 7$ production cost is 400$.
Table cost: 600$
Ad cost: 600
Hotel cost 180$ ea (360$ total)
Food: 50-100 if we eat real cheap

So we have on one hand 400$ profit and on the other hand 1600$ costs.
My business sence is tingeling. and that means danger.

Oh and just incease there is a big rush on boards, like crazy interest which looks like it could mean we'd break even, we only have 50 completed units so we can't even sell more than that!!!
F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home