Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Friday, November 03, 2006

Bill O'Riley is a two faced jerk.
I know this isn't really news but I was listening to his show this morning on Sirius "Fox News" and it really set me off.
So the first story he was doing was about some kid who dressed up as Hittler for halloween. His point, don't you think this was insensitive and inflamitory to Jews, etc.
Now to take this in context, O'riley is one of the people who was pushing this "War on Christmas" nonsence which has been going around for the last few years. Spouting angry retoric about how its wrong that some businesses are starting to ask their employees, greeters, etc to use the phrase happy hollidays instead of Merry Christmas to be more inclusive of other religions. Needless to say he was very against that.
So you want to have your cake and eat it too eh Bill. Its fine to offend people as long as the offensive act or language is something you agree with, but do something that offends Bill O'Riley and now you have to stop.
At least he did mention that it is constitutional to do these offensive thing.
Bah, I need to stop listening to that show.

I got a few more figures painted last night. If I can keep this pace up I will have my pirate gangs ready to go by the time the party actually runs into them. Its so much slower to paint the new figures Reaper (http://www.reapermini.com/) puts out. They have so much more detail than older slop and go sorts of figures. Where I would do three of four a night now I can barly get one done. I must say they do look good and if I get a nice wintery one done I may submit it for their next contest. I should have gotten my rear in gear and gotten one in for halloween, but oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home