Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

not too much going on yet. The new lab is about the same. Today I made spreading sticks out of pasteur pipets, lordy its mideivl times here. For those of you who don't know usualy sreading is done with a bent solid glass rod commonly refered to as a hockey stick. These sticks go for probably 15-20$ and are good until you break them. The pipetts are probably like 20-40$ for a box of a few hunderd. I have no idea why we're making our own.

I am getting some work done on a D&D game I have been thinking about. After the last two books I bought I'm quite fed up with Wizards of the Coast. They just seem to be in it for the profit now and are pumping out crap. Now I'm not saying I'm against capitalism, quite the opposite, but I feel like compagnies should at least attempt to put out decent products. "Champions of Ruin" a book on how to run an evil campaign was just totally crap. First off it was super short, maybe 150 pages. Most of those pagest were reused content.
So it consisted of
3 new races, only 2 of which are really new races as the third is a moster race with an ECL10 tagged on it, meaning you need to be a 10th level char to really play it.
The other two are only semi usefull races with no non-RP reason to play them.
Then there are a few prestige classes, again most of which recycled and those that weren'tseemed kind of lame
Some lame spells, almost all of which were domain specific spells for clerics, so almost no one can use them. There were some bard spells too, ugh.
Then a few quick bits on evil organizations and finally a bunch of evil overlords, which many had CR's tagged on them that were above 20, yet stats that I have a feeling a decent group of 8th lv characters could take. Pure crap.

I also picked up Races of Ebberon, which was the most dissapointing Races of....book yet. I didn't find a single usefull thing in it andmost of it was crap fluff, not even good fluff but stuff you could have picked up readng the monster descriptions in the MM3.

Ugh just very annoyed over the whole thing. Maybe I should try to go exchange it.

Oh well back to lab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home