Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Movies, so many movies. I think I need to stop watching movies for a while.
Last night I had a dream, which was a combination of "Sahara" and "Love Actually". I don't remember most of the details but we were on a battle ship, which was like half cruise ship and there were four love stories going on at the same time. I'm not sure but I think it had a happy ending.....
No I was wrong it ended when a big nasty witch looking like the one in the "Brothers Grim" Flew down at me and tried to eat my feet. That woke me up and made no sence dream wise.

So as you may have guessed I saw a lot of films over the last week, some of which being "Sahara", "Love actually", "The brothers Grimm". To give a detailed review on each one would take a lot of time and space so I'll just give the just of each.

Sahara: fun, action packed, your typical comedic action film. Nothing really orgional, no note worthy lines, worth the 7$ I paid for it used at blockbuster.

Love actually: well written. Excelent proformances by all actors and actresses. The best story lines are those of Hugh Grant and Liam Neeson. Colin Firth's story seemed a bit contrived for me. Alan Rickman really got the screw job in the whole thing. I really liked the Anderw Lincolin story line as well, it was one of those rang true to me sort of things. Also the John and Just Judy story line was cute and orgional in my mind. So over all an excelent romantic conedy. I don't recomend watching it alone.

The Brothers Grimm, interesting plott and a fairly orgional twist on a mix of old fary tales. Both Matt and Heath were excelent in it. Entertaining and even scarry at times and worth a watch.

King Kong, suprise I actually went to the theatre! I had read some bad reviews of this before going so my expectations weren't all that high, but I just kept saying, "Its a Peter Jackson film, it couldn't be bad". Well I was totally right. It does start off a little slow building the love story between the male and female leads and giving background on them and why they are off to skull island. Jack Black does an excelent job through out the film. As soon as they get to the island the film takes off. Nonstop action and suspence and some of the best CGI and direction of CGI I have ever seen. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can slow down some of the scenes and they fly by so quick sometimes its hard to keep up. The story of Kong and the Girl was really written and directed. None of the simple gorilla grabs girl and instantly falls in love of the orgional. This one their friendship I would call it really makes sence to me. I'll say no more as not to ruin it, but this is a theatrical must see, even a 50in TV is too small for this Ape.

So we come to the end of this post with one last story from this week.
A while ago I get this call from my brother. After the usual chit chat I get one of these"Yo, do yourself a favor and go see the Notebook." He actually said that. So after a lot of heaving and hawing I decide...well truthfully BZ wanted to see it and I went along with it. So we go to pick up the film. I remember seeing a stack of them at BJs, but when we arrive they are all gone. Off to bestbuy, apparently they were having a sale and are out. Target, not a single copy. Walmart, none to be found. Out of despiration we go to blockbuster, none in the used but cheap pile, the computer says there is one copy left on the new shelf, but I'll be damned if anyone can find it (figure of speach as anyone who knows me knows I'm probably already damned). Apparently this filmwas the sleaper film of DVD sales and no one has any left.
So the moral of the story is, if you decide to do yourself a favor, do youself a second favor and don't try to aquire "the notebook".

P.S. we finally did find a copy at best buy semi lost in their storage room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home