Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, February 13, 2006

Holey Majolie what a weekend.
I spent most of friday working on stands, a poster board, and other stuff for the table for the conn to sell adventure boards. Lots of work lots of stress, lots of things forgotten.
I got up early sat morning and worked up some business cards, my design still needs some work. Then I packed up the car with everything I think I could possibly need and headed off for New Jersy and Ubercon.
The drive wasn't bad, it only took 2 hours to get down there. The travelm was't so bad, Sirius satalite radio rocks. The comedy stations kept me laughing almost the whole way down, except when larry the cable guy was on. He just sucks.
So I get to the con about 11:00 ish it takes me almost 30 minutes to figure out where to park and unload. I finish setting up the booth without help mind you just before 12 when the dealer's room opens. I sit, I smile, I pitch, I get to chatt with the cute art girls in the tables next to me in my down time, which there is quile a bit of. Nine hours go by. At the end of this time I have made 1 count it 1 sale and that was to some guy who liked dragons and could use a dry erase board. He didn't even game. So sat night I tell Kyle to bite it and pack up. I didn't even make back the money for gas and tolls.
The snow was starting to fall when I left and continued to get worse. My compagnions for the ride home were a bottle of sugar free DMX or what ever the new mnountain dew drink is called and some hard punk music on the Faction chanel on satalite. When the snow became unbearable I would switch over to HeartAttack for some thrashing death metal. I don't know why loud metal type music and screaming helps me concentrait, but it does. I made it home in one peice, passing no less than 10 accidents along the way. Suburu's rock in the snow.

Sunday I slept in some, watched the snow come down and bitched because all the stores were closed.

Also bitching now as the snow didn't even have the gust to stick it out until monday to give me a snow day. It was totally bogus. I didn't even get to go sledding. Well maybe it will last for a bit, but I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home