Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I love spores.
So I set this experiment 2 weeks or so ago to make spores at different temperatures. One set of plates go at room temp the other set went in to 45C incubator. I go to check on them today and what do I find? I forgot to put the 45 plates in a bag so all of the agar has dried up and it looks like a potato chip. So I scrape some of the culture off the plate and low and behold the spores look just fine. So now instead of throwing it all out and startnig over I'm rehydrating the plates and seeing if I can salvage my experiment. Anything else would have been toast.

Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home