Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, March 27, 2006

Its monday and I'm already draging. It seems like I'm back on the weekly posting deal, most days are eithor too busy or there is a lack of happening worth reporting. So here is the catch up from last week.

The mini motos came in. So far 3 of the 4 run and we're hoping to start our racing club in a few weeks when the weather gets a bit warmer. The bikes are about as big as I thought they would be. Its going to be darn funny to see us riding these. Mine is red with black lettering, a nice combo.

ICON was last weekend and it was a blast as always. I got a lot of good shots of people in costume and even did a day myself in some midevil garb. See my myspace page for a representation, same outfit but different facial hair and glasses. We got to see Marc Singer talk, the beastmaster and lead on V. He had a god rap about working with the animals and wacky things tigers and lions do on set. Plus some good stories from V. Ron Glass, the preacher on firefly/serenity was also there. His talk wasn't as good and he seemed a bit bitter about the show being cancled and some of the other actors getting new gigs a lot faster than him. The big headliner was KEvin sorbo, herculese and andromida, This pisses me off a lot. He seemed like he was a god speaker but the sound system they had him on was horrid. Everything he said came out like Peanuts speach, Mu wak en na wak wan wa. We left in the middle of his talk. They seemed to be having this sort of problem on and off the whole weekend. It was really rediculas.
Besides big name guests we also saw a bunch of star wars fan film. MAkes me want to do one. Some day.... There was also a talk on how to make mead and its role in history, which was way cool. I think I'm going to get some supplies and give it a go. I also might use some of the info in a viking campaign I'm slowly peicing together.
Sneak attack games had a both, which I worked for part of the con. Selling was slow for friday and saturday, only 1 board and 1 magnet pack were sold. Then sunday came. I was only around until about 2 and at that time we had made 4 sales in just that day. I'll have to check in with my partner to see what the final count was. We probably didn't make the table price back, but we did get a decent amount of product out.

BZ leaves tomorow for 2 weeks so it will be a lonly time at the old New London house. I'l have to find something to occupy my time as to not go crazy. Being alone is never good for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

Making a fanfilm is a noble goal. If you need anything drop the e-mail... one day I'll get my fanfilm done too.

:P

9:55 AM  
Blogger Shadicats said...

P.S. YOU BUGGER! You got to see Reign of the Fallen (fanfilm) before I did if you stayed long enough. I just realized this as I was going "ICON, why is that ring bells in my head." And why am I a little upset about this? Because I'm on the list for the free DVDs for the last year.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home