Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday, Rainy, Unknown.

The weekend was good. Friday's game was fun as always, but I'm starting to feel the pull of the story. I need to really sit down and write out bits of where this adventure is going and soe places and bits of info the group should get on the way there. Their characters are too powerful to really make a lot of normal story chalenges interesting and they aren't embracing the evil that their characters should be enough to set them back correctly. Its just wacky. You give them good characters, with a mission and they spend half their time fighting among their selves and causing trouble. Now they have evil characters all with conflicting backgrounds and story lines and they work together as a team and keep a low profile. Its going to take some time and skill I haven't been applying to the adventure to really bring it down.

Saturday we tok out the minimotos/pocket bikes for the first time.
It took us quite a while to get to the lot as there were problems with some of the bikes.
Then at the lot there were more problems. We really should have taken them apart and put them back together before riding, as we found loose screws on 2 bikes, which made the engine shake loose. Three bikes had the fuel filter placed on the wrong side of the bike so it could touch the engine. And it did and it melted spraying fuel all over. Two of the bikes worked just fine, but we're going to check them out anyway next weekend as well as all of the others.
Riding the bikes is a lot of fun. They get going pretty fast in a straight away. Though I really can't race with them well. Since I outweigh some of the other riders by about 100lbs my bike seems to go a bit slower than theirs. So I think we're going to have to do some sort of time trial cource or something so I can actually be competitive.

Sunday, I went to my folks house and let the dog run arround. They were making a garden so it was a lot of good outside time. I also got a few more projects around the house done. It is nice not to flip the TV on when I get home and get some things accomplished.

In lab, one of my mutants finaly came in so I have had lab work to do the last day or so, which is great. I've realy missed working with my hands instead of just reading papers and other such stuff.

My best friend, who is getting married, seems to be changing a lot. I'm not really liking it. I have a feeling that he plans to just forget everyone here when he moves to LA. I'm still not entirly sure why he is going there. I think it was part of some deal with his finacie to get her to come back to CT and agree to marry him. The whole thing is just silly. He has a good job here, good friends, cool hobbies, family (his and her's) and more. Out there she dosen't have a job. She didn't even put any real effort into getting one (she wants to be a screne writer or a voice actor now). She isn't all that talented, well at least I haven't seen it. And I don't think she even has a lot of friends there. To top it all off, the girl is bland. She dosen't seem to have a lot of personality, self confidence, or ambition, yet somehow she has this hold over my friend. The whole thing just sucks.

BZ is still off touring the lands of beautiful beaches, cruise buffets, and exciting adventure. The house is pretty empty without her there. I hope she is back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home