Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I thought this was going to be another day of nothing to report. I had some interesting dreams this morning, but nothing I remember. I got up following my normal routine, took shower, got dressed, took dog out, feed pets.

When I fed Kitty something was off. He just kind of was looking at his food and meowing at it. And he kept making a motion like he was yawning. I just figured he was going to yack like he usually does. I finished geting ready and left for school.
Around 7:30 I got a call from BZ. She had noticed something funny about the cat too. He couldn't close his bottom jaw. She smartly decided to take him to the vet and got an 11:00 appointment.
I wasn't really sure what to think, maybe he dislocated it or something. It didn't seem like too much to worry about.

At about 12:30 I get another call from her. Apparently Mitsu (Kitty) had some sort of cancer in his jaw and it had caused the bone to deterioriate to the point it broke. There was nothing fixative the vet could do, except some thing they termed as radical surgery, which means its going to be expensive and it probably won't work. Deb made the call to have him put down.

Mitsu, though he annoyed me at times, was a good cat. He didn't get on the counters or pee on the curtains. He would listen when told and would come to you if called. He had his quirkes as any pet does. He couldn't stop himself from devouring any house plants we got, including the bloody fake x-mas tree. He did yack a lot, which thinking back on it now, may have had something to do with the cancer. He liked to have his head scratched, but never his belly and would get fiesty if you petted him too much. He liked to drink water out of a glass and would always magically appear any time you were eating cereal to see if he could beg for some of the milk form you. He would usually hiss at the dog and would try to bat her with his declawed paws, but every now and then we would find them sleeping together and I like to think they were secretly pals.

The house will be a little emptier without him there and I will miss him. I hope he has passed on to a better place, with rivers of milk, fresh water filled glasses, and only tasty (but smelly) wet food to eat.

RTK

3 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

:(

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh Wah! Poor Kitty.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry we lost our Minnie three years ago now to breast cancer. She went through a bunch of surgery and treatments to no help. Well if you need a little fuzzy guy to run around let Bill know we have plenty.
Sue

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home