Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Thursday, August 10, 2006

GenCon Day 2,
I wake at 6am. The car is getting cold, there are weird noises in the parking lot, and I have to piss. I get out of the car and walk the lot. The door of the place does say it opens at 8am, only 1hr 40 minutes now. I got back to the car and try to pick up a few more hours.
I wake again its now 7am. K-biz gets rousted and we head off for some eats before dealing with the tire dudes. It’s a old fashion diner Bickfords. I get a yummy French toast with bacon and sausage and eggs for 6 bucks. Total barging!
We head back to the tire place. There are two other chumps doing the same thing we are, old crack, who spent the night in his camper and wants like 8 tires and “the mullet” who slept in his truck and also wants like 6 tires. Finally we’re up.
Us: Hi we got a flat, do can you fix it.
They check the computer, it goes down. There is a long manual search and some cussin.
Home town hero Johny: Sorry we don’t carry tires for your car. Its like too new or something.
In Johny’s defense he did then proceed to call ever tire place in a 30 mile radius and see if any of them had the tire.
Johny: Un ha, Un ha, Un ha, thanks anyway (repeat many times)
Johny: well I think your best bet is to try Pittsburg, its like 100 miles from here.
K-biz: *whaaaa* but our spare is only rated for 50 miles.
Me: lets go.
So we haul ass to Pittsburg and by haul ass I mean driving under 50mph because that’s what the tire says.
Finally we find a tire place that has them in stock. They fix it up while we grab lunch. It’s now 1pm.
We have until 5pm to check in and it’s a 7 hour drive, hmmm.
We bust some serious ass and make some calls. They will let us check in by 8pm. We arrive at 7:20.
Check in complete. Hotel acquired.
Go up to the hotel room and low and behold, two double beds. There are four of us sharing this room, wonderful.
I eat some kick ass ribs and chicken wings at the BBQ place next door. They also have a heffeweizen, so I have to try. It’s really good. I think it was called avalanche or something like that.
Oh and when we went to set up our booth, they guy we are sharing with already had stuff everywhere. Also this dealer’s room is huge. If anyone wants anything let me know and I’ll do my best to find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home