Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, August 21, 2006

I've been Meme-ed

Friday meme! Actually its now monday

1. Grab the nearest book.
Doyle, Beuchat, Montville, "Food Microbiology, Fundamentals and Frontiers"
I probably should have waited until I got home to do this.

2. Open the book to page 123.
Its a page of references for the chapter on milk and dairy prodtcuts

3. Find the fifth sentence.
Its not really set up in sentatces, but the fifth reference on the page is for:
Bullerman,L.B. and F.J. Olivigni. 1974. Mycotoxin producing potential of molds isolated from cheddar cheese. Journal of Food Science. 39: p1166-1168

4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
Do you really want to read the next five entries?

5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
What you see is what you get. I forgot to bring in a fun reading book today. The next closest books on my desk are "Bacillus Subtilis and other gram positive organisms", "Biochemistry", "Microbiology Techniques", ect.

6. Tag five people.Tagging: Shadow, BZ, NP (if she still reads this blog), Naya (also if she still reads and blogs), .....sorry I only know four people.

So on to the info of my weekend. For the remainder of my birthday, I went over to the folks house for some filet mignon and muck. Much is my traditional birthday cake. It consists of layers of chocolate cake, spaced with layers of cool whip, chocolate pudding, and smashed up Heath candy bars. Its really good but deffinatly not on my weight watchers plan. Also not helping that they sent me home with all of the left overs.
After dinner we played with my parent's new puppy for a while. She is a west highland white terrier and a little pip. Currently they are calling her Kailey, but I'm trying to get her to come to Scooty Puff Jr. We'll see who wins out. Razul had a blast playing with her.
Razul is bigger and faster, but Scooty Puff fits under the couch. So she would come out and chase Razul, who would run away then do a quick spin and chase little Scooty Puff, who would run then slide back under the couch. It was a lot of fun.
We broke out the Order of the Stick game, probably what I was most excited for, but due to a lot of phone calls, every one has to ring you up and wish you happy birthday, we didn't get to play. It was ok and good to talk to my brothers for a bit. I'm really horrible about keeping up with people.

Saturday, me and BZ hauled our buts out of bed early and drove up to go tubing on the farmington river. We met up with Ian, and the whole crew, Jamie (guy), Nick, J-Web, and more. ItT was really good to see everyone. I haven't seen Jamie or Nick in years. The adventure ended at Dairy Queen with Blizards and Flamethrower Burgers (also deffinatly not on weight watchers). Made it home and passed out.

Sunday started out difficult. I woke up all dehydrated and beat from a long day on the river and in the sun. My parents came over about 10am and from there we proceeded to rip out the old front pourch stairs and slowly put in new ones. We finished up around 6pm. The railings still need to go up and the whole thing needs paint, but at least they look good and sturdy now.

Me and Bz finished up the Anime series Gantz last night. IT was kind of dissappointing. I'm starting to find this with more and more anime TV series. Its just such a let down at the end. The good guys don't really win. All the main characters Die. Evil is stoped...maybe. So its kind of a whole lot of nothing, making the series feel sort of pointless. MAybe there is some JApanese cultural theme hidden in all of this, but for america its kind of sucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home