Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Dear Supervisors and Colleagues,

I am writing to inform you that I will be leaving Pfizer on August 13th 2004. I had applied for admission into graduate school at UCONN in late November. After a number of rounds of interviews and discussions with professors I was under the impression that I was on the waiting list to get in, but it was doubtful that a slot would open. I recently received a call telling me that someone had dropped out at the last minute and there was a position open. After careful consideration I decided to accept enrollment into school.
I can't begin to say how much I appreciate all I have learned here at Pfizer and all of the people that have helped me along. I don't think I would have gotten the same sort of training I received here, anywhere else or from anyone else. I know the opportunity I would have been given in Supply Chain would have been a great asset to my professional life, but I feel that the only way I can truly advance my career is to return to school and receive a higher degree of education.
In my remaining month here, I will wrap up any projects I was working on and do all I can to train Steve and Joe to operate the bio-analytical lab without me. Once I am gone I am more than willing to serve as a reference for them or anyone else who has bio-analytical questions. Also if my schedule permits it, I would be willing to come in as a consultant to ensure the lab becomes fully operational.
I will miss all of my friends and co-workers here. My time at Pfizer has been one of the most educational and enriching times of my life. I wish you all the best and perhaps we will be able to work together some time in the future.

Sincerely
Ryan T. Kitchel

Well this went out today. right now I'm so nervous I'm visably shaking and near regurgitating status. It had to be done and was the last big step of Pfizer life. No turning back now, its of to be a poor grad student for the next 4 or so years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home