Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Saturday, July 10, 2004

why I hate the french: part one

First off I don't actually hate the french, nor do I know that many of them so there will be few updates to this section, but today needs one.

Yesterday BZ and I took a quick trip to best buy to get new batteries for our computers. We bought them about a year ago and the batteries have been losing charge fast lately. We did buy the service plan so as we were told, all we had to do was come in tell they the batery is losing charge and we would get new batteries.
Enter counter worker Sergentio, AKA frenchy

First off we had to wait for about 10 minuites before anyone spoke to us. When some one finally did we get frenchy.
His accent is so thing I can barly make out what he is saying and I took 3 years of french.
Next, he tells us he has to check the computers to see how fast they lose charge.
He turns them on then sits there watching for the battery to go down. All the while yabbering on about some thing or other. Then he sends us down to talk to the customer service rep so she can pull up our info. Apparently he can't just punch in the serial number he needs us to go get copies of all of our info, idiot.

We go and do it. We get back, frenchie starts giving me some crap about how my computer dosen't seem to be losing power very fast. I say well yeah if you just let it sit there it dosen't lose any power at all. He starts to move the mouse and the power just drains.
Then he starts trying to explain to me that the longer you use your batery the shorter the power life of it is. I say well yeah thats why I'm here to get a replacement. He explains it again to me. At this point it was taking some effort not to slap the shit out of him. Don't forget about the damn accent. He begins to explain it to me a third time. This time I'm almost shouting, Yes I understand they get less storage power over time, thats why I bought the damn warrente. He gives me the ok, then goes back to trying to get BZ's comp to lose power while I go sort through the dvds.
20 minuites later he gives her to ok and we're out of there.

Today at about 8 AM I get a call, its frenchy. Apparently he does need the serial number of the computers. What ever paperwork he had us pull up wasn't enough and without the number he can't order the battery. I'm able to find the one on mine, but BZ took her's and she's on the way to seatle. Just great.

Damn french.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home