Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Well this week has been going just peachy. I barly seem to have time to put anything in here any more.

Last friday was D&D night, for havig almost nothing prepared it seemed to go pretty well. At least I sem to be decent at that.
The weekend was reaxing for the most part. Went out with BZ and acquired paint to redo the bathroom, of cource no painting was actually done.

Monday went decently. In Mol. Basis of disease my group throughly trounced the other group. they gave up on their side of the prion argument almost before they got started. Our information did get torn to shreads, but at least we had what it took to present it. I'm thinking about beng group leader next time as I seem to have a firmer grasp on what is going on that the other folks in class.

Tuesday kind of sucked. I went up to NYC for a RNAi confrence. Its these sorts of things that remind me how much more i need to learn. Most of what they did went over my head, primarily because it was all presented so quickly. As interesting as some of it was I think my time would have been better spent in the lab.

Yesterday my boss tells me he thinks I'm not being productive enough. Unfortunatly for me to be more productive I'm gong to have to start spanding a lot more time here or get a close by appartment.

Today has been semi crappy so far. I woke up early and couldn't sleep. Then when I had gotten up showered and all that I decide to pay some bills. In with the bills is a letter from one of my credit cards saying my change of address went through smoothly, with an addres of some where in florida on it. I call them up and ask about the change of address. They respond with, so you no longer live in Louisianna. Apparently there has been like 5 changes of address for that card in the last month as well as 4 or 5K in pruchases (none of which I made). Don't most credit cards have custmer behavior checks or something like that? I haven't used this card in probably over a year, then apparently I decide I need to move all over the country and spend a lot of money on different internet purchases. Thats not strange now is it.

So I went in to Pfizer for the last time and got my time card signed off on. Its pretty much a lock that I won't be back. Apparently there was some decision made with budgets that only allows consultants to be paid shit. Well they can go blow. I did talk with the 2 guys I was training before I left. They are in a lot of trouble. The idiots in STL are going to fuck up everything there. I'd like to be petty and say good, but I feel bad for them.

In other news, Dan brown that guy who wrote angels and demons and the davinci code, is a really shitty writer. I'm in the midst of deception point. the plot is slow and non inspiring. The characters are fairly flat. His use of detail is about nonexistant, except in places you don't care...like the death of the asian scientist, which took a long borring time. Why is it that most authors today stink? Is it because most good plots have already been taken and almost everything is some half witted rehash of something that was crappy back when it was written? Who knows. Also he dosen't seem very good at thinking outside of his template box. The science isn't great, which is kind of sad since the book uses a lot of it.

Ran PCR again last night hope it worked. I'll know if a few hours. Though if it actually has the data I want to see is another question.

Well I should get back to producing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home