Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, November 01, 2004

ok, A bit of catch up first. friday was the second of three biochem exams. It pretty much consumed me all wek and made halloween prep very difficult. Friday night was D&D night. Always a blast. I plunged te group onto a quick side adventure to explore a haunted house. As always they deied my thinking and spent te whole night outside fighting off legions of undead, almost getting killed in the process. Unfotunatly since they didn't go for the adventure as planned its going to drag into next time, but thats alright.
This weekend was a quandry of excitement and annoyances. Sat me and BZ went to a halloween party with some chums down in milford, put on by "friends of Jared". It was a fun time except for the getting there, which involved finding a picking out a costume. Normally I think of my house as full of costume bits, but I just couldn't get anything together and all of my grand schemes just weren't comming together. I ended up going as some sort of space warrior, with half ren gear and half futuristic. The party was ok. Going to those things always reminds me how much I don't like going to those things, but here is the highlight of the night.
Lights turned low, the rambeling ambiance of 20 people talking at the same time, the light audio refreshment of classic hard rock, and a long table. On the table sits 2 rows of 10 napkins, on each napkin rests a single peice of candy corn, with a pumpkin shaped one at the end. Man vs Woman we pair off, stareing each other down as we wait, hoping the other will break first. And then it happens, the blasting honk of a clown's horn and we're off. Hands behind back, face to table, licking the waxy candy from its resting place, spitting the napkins out when they come for the ride. We fly down the rows, ending up with a massive amount of undisolveable suggared wax in our mouths trying to see who can force it down first.
Needless to say, I went three rounds to face BZ for the championship of candy corn races. I went home with a large sized windbreaker and a suggar high that almost required vomiting. BZ went home with me:)

Sunday the two of us, too our time getting up, but ended up getting up early sinde the magic of dayight savings time came into effect. We the trotted off to warwic where some massive halloween store was tossing out their surplus at 50% off. So we each came home with a massive amount of costumes.
I was plesantly suprised sunday night as we got quite a few trick or treators and all in costume. I must say this is the first time I've seen this sort of turnout since 9/11. When the last bell of the night had been rung, BZ and I went up stairs and had a little dress up party of our own:)

Monday so far has come rough. I barly got myself up and in today, with multi sleeping fits on the drive. I wish Howard stern would start having more interesting radio shows. Lately they all seem to be about how bad his limo driver is and frankly it puts me to sleep.
today I havve a gel running of my new PCR method, as the last one just wasn't showing what we wanted it to. With any luck this one will work and I will have something to present at the end of this rotation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home