Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Well today seems to be right ho moving along.
Took out the trash this AM, which I normally wouldn't mentiion except it was such a massive load. Bag after bag, left the house and found its place by the single can we have. My only hope is the trash guys take it all. We did have a few weeks where they forgot to pickup at our place.

Today in lab excitement I did a transformation, which in laymen's terms means I stuck a plasmid (circular chink of DNA) into bacteria. Its kind of funny, all those techniques you hear about, stuff that seems like it is changing worlds, playing god, usually comes down to some pipeting and heating things. If we weren't meant to play god, he really shouldn't have made it so easy. Same goes for the whole adam and eve apple deal. He could have at least put up a fence or something around the tree. It was just plain laziness the got him defied. sure he can make the whole world, but he can't even put up a fence. Of cource I'm not one to talk as my back year is still unfenced.

So the lab peeps are in a bad sort of fun mood. The PI guy is a major Yankee fan and Sox hater, so he has been in a foul mood today and we have't seen much of him. The 4th year grad student came in in a Sox jersy and has been paradeing back and forth past the PI's office every chance he gets. I have decided today is not the day to go over the crappy lookig data I got from yesterday's experiment.

We do have a happy hour today which is nice and from what I hear its going to be chinese food. Since I got a late start today I haven't really eaten anything yet.

To all book likers out there, I must sugest Peter and the Starcatchers. Its kind of a kiddie book and is sort of a prequal to peter pan, but it is very good. Much better than the Dan Brown crap. It still pains me to think of that book.

As it is looking this weekend is going to suck. Sat will be a KA trip to the boston museum of science for a LotR display. Friday and Sunday will be a cross of studying for biochem, which I have an exam in next week and getting ready to present our findings on Fragile X. I got voted speaker since everyone else had an exam or something at a slightly earlier time than mine. I don't mind presenting, just wish it wasn't the same week as biochem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home