Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another tres exciting day of making media and spinning down cells. Ugh. I'm not so good with work that is slow, but time consuming. Its all a lot of 5-10 minuite steps, where there really isn't time to do anything inbetween each one and at the same time you aren't constantly busy. Also there is a lot of waiting in this lab, waiting for bugs to grow, waiting for them to make spores, waiting for all the cells to lyse. Its just a lot of dull.

I need to start doing something new as I seem to be overwhelmed by the big D lately. Its just a lot of sitting and thinking and pouting. I hate being like this. I need to get up and get busy and stay active, but not much seems to help. Its times like this that I begin to wonder, wonder how much time is left, time before I cease to be. I have a feeling this is how I will go. I'll just wake up one day and be unable to get up, unable to function, and after some time like that I'll just forget who I am and truly just be nothing.

I shouldn't think so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger ladymurasaki said...

What about some pleasure reading while you're busy waiting for the pesky little buggers to do their thing? I haven't seen you mention any good books - just movies and games. :)

And crank up the stereo - they DO have one of those at least right? I mean no matter how old school, decrepit the lab is - they _gotta_ have tunes!!

*hugs* - Moi

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home