Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

As always my life seems to be one of inverse actions and consiquences. I got less sleep last night and restless sleep was what little I did get. More bad dreams, but I don't remember any of them today.

Last night I finished "Face of the Assassin" or "Face Assassin" as I like to call it. The book was pretty decent up to the end. The characters were full of interesting quirks and it made a lot of non-verbal communication. The ending I must say was a dissappointment and I'm going to give it away for all of those planning to read it.
so Number one bad guy is going to defect to US from being a terrrist and he is going to give up some big terrorist plot as payment for them getting him out of where he is safely. #1 sends his #2 out to the car. Then we have a bunch of chaos, people get killed there are double crosses on double crosses and in the end everyone is dead but hero and the girl, no big suprise. Now in all of this #2 is not mentioned as being killed or his body being found or anything, the author just sort of forgets about him, hoping the reader will too, so that its a big suprise when he turns up to harass Mr. Good guy at the very end.
Not a big suprise, sloppy writing. When there are only 2 big baddies #1 and #2 the reader and the characters aren't likely to just forget about one of them. Stuff like that really annoys me.

So I'm almost 1/2 way done with harry potter and the half blood prince.
Now this is speculation as what I'm about to say hasn't been said yet, just very heavily implied.
I beleive the 1/2 blood prince to be none other than lord Voldemort, which would make this book a really half baked plot and in a lot of ways a rehash of "the chamber of secrets". If this is the case I will be verry dissappointed. I'm hoping the Rawling has some literary talent and had concieved of a better plot line that that but it may not be in her cards. When the pressure is on, you go back to what you know:

most Potter books:
harry with Dursleys
Harry goes to Ron's house
Everyone goes to school, harry gets in trouble on the way there or soon after
There is a big mystery
Harry, Ron and Hermionie or some combination of them get into a fight
They make up and solve the puzzle
Bad guy turns out to be voldemort
harry fights him and wins.
Everyone goes home for the summer.

Now so far each mystery has been something different and has had few clues as to it, leaving the reader in as much confusion as the characters. We'll see if 1/2 blood prince can live up to this or has Rawling just run out of ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home