Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, July 18, 2005

Here we are at monday again. After a decent night of sleep I am more tired than I have been in days. I think that the lab sickness that has been going around has begun to catch up with me. It was a night of bad dreams as well. The one I rememebr the best is as follows:
I was at school and the dean who I really dislike was telling me that me grades from last semister just weren't good enough and that the school would no longer support me scholarship. That was about it, but it was enough to get me up in a cold sweat.

The weekend went well enough. Friday me and BZ finally went out and saw Episode III and let me just say, it was horrid. I'm just at odds of what went wrong, so I'll try to summerise.
First off they cut a lot of the dialogue that was in the book. Everything makes decent sence in the book. You get a god look at what a lot of the characters are thinking, there is a lot of talk about the different lightsaber fighting styles and a real lot of talk about completly giving yourself over to the force. Yes it still contains those unforgetable love scenes, beleive me I've tried many times to forget them, "You're beautiful (she looked hideous in this scene), thats because I love you, no its because I love you, smack, smack, kissie, kissie, bleagh!!!". There were two fight scenes in the book that totally kicked ass, first off the opening scene with Anakin and Obi-wan vs Douku and second the obi-wan Grevious fight near the end. Both were awesome and I saw a kick ass battle in my head. Both scenes went on for abolut two chapters. In the film both fights lasted less than a few minuites and were one two kill sort of scenes. Grevious was transformed from a monster of a master enemy to a emphacimatic clown in the film. I'm very upset I bought the figure now.
I think a lot of the film's problems came from edditing and directing. Ewan is a good actor, but many of his lines were delivered very baddly in the film. I could remember thinking, 'this can't be the best take they did.' Some how each one made it into the film though.
Ok I can't stand to talk about this any more. Star Wars is pretty much ruined at this point. I just hope they don't alter the middle movies anymore.

Saturday I was supposed to go and do some filming, but the weather conditions weren't right for it. Also there were some communication problems. Sat night I did get to go out bowling, which was fun. I was throwing really baddly, but it was ok. After 4ish games we kicked off to hooters and let me say yikes. Hooters is known for two things, waitresses with hot bods and big boobd, and good wings. We got a waitress with a mediocre bod, large A cup boobs, and a below average inteligance. LEt me put it this way, when god was handing out brains she probably asked for A cups instead because an A is the best you can get. That was funnier in my head, but I'm sick so you can deal. Seriously though the service went something like this,
"Can I take your order."
"yes we'll have pitchers of two kinds of beer, a plate of wings and a plate of bufflo shrimp, both medium."
"Ok"
(10 minuites pass)
"Ok here is your beer, I'll be right back with glasses"
(10 minuites pass)
"Ok here are your glases, so were you guys just going to drink tonight or did you want food too?"
me, "Yes we wanted food, the food we ordered."
her, dumb look, 'jeopardy theme song plays in background', just as it finishes "Oh yeah now I remember."
(10 minuites later) 1 plate wings, 1 plate shrimp show up both are just fried, no hot sauce.
"Uh we had 2 orders of shrimp"
more jeopardy music and a blank look, "Oh ok did you want them the same amount of spice."
we order some hotter ones.
us, "Oh and its this guys birthday."
her "Oh well they we'll have a special treat for him."
(30 minuites pass) me and BZ leave, still not sure if Vin got his special treat. I hope it was her forgetting to bring the table the check.

Oh and the wings we got were almost uneadible. Bland and paste like.

Sunday was a day of relaxing, which as seen from my first paragraph was kind of a waste.

In other news the new harry potter book came out and I forgot to get dressed up and hit one of the release parties. I've started reading it and will have a review when I'm done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

Last paragraph is kind of frightening. No one believed me when I said Starwars sucked badly.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home