Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Friday, August 12, 2005

Today I am beat, and for once for a good reason. Friends of ours who moved from texas came back and ran a game yesterday which lasted from 1pm to around midnight. I got home 40 minutes later, the was up half the night reliving the opposite of dinner.
The game itself was a lot of fun. We were playing in Ravenloft, which is kind of Goth D&D. It has some nifty new classes and a cool spin on magic which I may utilize for one of my furutre campaigns. Its especially neat because you're playing more or less ordinary people, no buffed out barbarians, super healing clerics, or desimating mages. Magic takes forever to cast, often batles could be over before even simple spells are finished. Healing is very limited so you end up resting a lot and there aren't really any magic weapons or items. I know this probably sounds weird, but it was actualy a fresh change. I think our group has worked into somewhat of a rut, where we...well most of us know how to max characters out correctlyand play them to the upmost. Its not as challenging and often just comes down to a numbers game.

Well the night went well. I got turned into a vampire at the end, thanks to my slacker of a roommate (Haha), but thats ok by me.

When I got home and went to bed, I had a night full of dreams of fighting vampires and family members dying. It was pretty disturbing. I remember waking up soe tie in the middle of the night crying after seeing graves for me and my brother. This should teach me not to eat so much crap before bed.

Well with luck tonight we go to look at cars. I'm both excited and dreading it. I'll probably be in both days this weekend, just because:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Asylos said...

Ravenloft! I love the books(novels) from that.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home