Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, October 24, 2005

Well the weekend was somewhat of a bust. Friday night I drove ofver to my parent's place for some chinese food. Its always nice to see them and chat for a while. BZ and my sis made popcorn balls.
Saturday we were supposed to go to King Richard's Faire, which is always a blast. Instead it rained and the day was pretty much a waste spent watching TV or something like that. The weather forcast said it would rain sunday and monday as well so we put off KRF until next year. Sat night we went back to the parent's house and watched "Batman Begins". I must say I was kind of dissappointed. Some parts of it I liked. It was interesting to see how they did where batman came from and how he was trained. So the film had some good ideaqs, but the rest just wasn't there. The writing needed a lot of work. Their one liners were sad and not delivered well. There were also a lot of spots that seemed to be openings for one liners and we just not used. Directing was ok. They could have shot a number of the scenes beter. I'm not a fan of the high speed close up shots. They just looks silly most of the time and are used because a lot of studois now refuse to hire good stunt men. To top it all off, Christian Bale just couldn't carry the role in my oppinion. I'm not a huge fan of his to begin with, but in all the things I've liked him in he was the bad guy. He would have made a better less comical two face or riddeler. As batman he was kind of creepy and more often than not just spoiled rich boy. Also I really hate Kattie Holmes. She is not hot, she is not fun, she is not funny, in fact I can't really think of a god reason to use her in anything. She is angst ridden and dull and bad combination.
Ok and one final comment on the film. We've run out of decent batman villians. This becomes a problem when you kill off the villian after each film. Batman is all about not killing villians and locking them up in Arkham asylum so they are free to escape and be a villian again. In the films though they have done a kill off after just about every villian so now we're scraping the barrel as to who to have to be the bad guys.
So in finally batman begins, thumbs down.

Sunday I got up late and realized the weather stations were wrong. It didn't really rain all sunday and hasn't started yet today so we could have gone to the faire and had a good time. Instead it was another day of TV watching and some cleaning. I picked up some new D&D stuff. Got some nice figured and books.

As of late things seem to be slowing down for me. I think I'm getting more and more bored and tired of a lot of what is my now. Some sort of drastic change might be comming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home