Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, April 17, 2006

OK, before I get stormed with responces, like that ever happens, I know the article linked to in my last post was a fake. But what can I say. I highly support that act. It should happen more often. Women shouldn't be embarassed to do it. And if making it happen more for the rest of my gender, then I'm all for faking a little science.

The weekend was good. Too short as they often are. Friday was game night. I was actually prepared. We had one death, and before you ask yes it was the guy who posted a responce here, and no it wasn't on purpose and deffinatly not for him posting the comment. It was just a weird concidence, yeah a concidence, he he he. Really I would atribute it to the party not having a real healer. He got hit with a wound that wouldn't stop bleeding and no one would/could heal him. I did however make his new character battle a rabbit. This was both in the spirit of easter and some fun payback, nah. For some reason the party decided to take the rabbit with them, which means I had to actually work up some real stats for it. A lot of fun stuff they run into I just kind of make up as I go, but anything thats going to survive from one game night into the next deserves some real stats. Man are they going to be suprised :)

I came in both saturday and sunday. The drive is painful as always and the gas prices are getting nutty.

In the time I wasn't working I saw 2 flicks. Memoirs of a geisha, for a film about japanses hookers (well entertainers and sometimes hookers) there really wasn't nearly enough boobs in it. So unfortunatly I have to give this visual dymaio two thumbs down.

The second film, and I use the term generously, was Robots. This was a total crapterpeice. Plain and simple it was bad, real bad, so bad I wish I could wash out my eyes after I saw it. The plot is shite. The animatio is sub standard CGI. The world is overly complex and annoying. Robin williams is annoying as all fuck. The story/plot is overly complex and stupid.
Ok here is the subplot which is some how necescary to the real plot.
Some corporant exectutive in robot world is going to stop making replacement parts for robots and only carry upgrades. Now this some how links into the real evil plot where the corporate dickweed's mom runs a recycling plant and all of this corporate monemaking is so she can get more broken robots for scrap.
I felt like I was in Austin Powers and Doctor Evil was explaining how he was going to go throught this complex plan all to ransom the world for 1 million dollars, while his compagny was making billions of dollars a year. Its funny in a spoof film. Its just stupid as a real plot.
The parts compagny probably made hundreds of times what the stupid recycling plant does, not to mention with the workforce the mom employed (hundreds and hundreds of robots) she probably was losing money on the deal.

Its just stupid. Its this sort of thing which makes our kids stupid,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home