Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Last night I saw "Grandma's boy" and I must say it was better than I expected. Its a sort of cheezy film, thats so bad its actually good. I'm not going to say much more about it, but if you're into computer gaming, give it a chance.

Not too much else in big news going on. I've been super busy in lab the last few days and have hardly had a chance to breathe.

I did have one decent idea thought. I want to do a short film, which would be a sort of live action version of an MMORPG. It would be a spoof, poking fun at al of the sort of inscent things that take place when you play one of these online RPGs, the kind of people you meet, problems with computer AI, hacker speak, misspelling, power gamers, people who walk around nakid to try to avoid losing their stuff when they die, the idiotic names some characters get, and other silly things like that. I think I could squeeze it down to about 10-15 minutes.

I'm going to try to work up a script in the next few days. Anyone interested in reading it or being in it should let me know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

I have a few ideas that I think would make good "segments" of the spoof. One of them is a "gamer intervention" followed by a "deprogramming" (like what they do for religious cults). I also have a few others that I'm way too lazy to write down right now. I'll talk to you soon.

Tom

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home