Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So its progressing. My decision has been finalized and I've spent most of the day running around talking to different administraitors about leaving school. Its odd in a way. People who have given me a hard time from before I was accepted here up until the point I walked into their office today were trying to talk me out of leaving. They have countered my arguments, presented other options, and done just about everything in their power to make me stay. If my mind wasn't so throughly made up I probably would be back reading papers to try to buff up for the third run at the prelim exam.
But no. I want to do things in life that are more important to me than a peice of paper with a fancy title on it.
I want to have a family.
I want to be artistic.
I want to do something rememberable.

I don't think this degree will really allow for any of that.
I have already had a few job oppertunities come up so with luck I won't be out of work for long. It will be very nice to get back to making money again. I will miss all of the people here. Probably the worst part of today so far is seeing the "you let me down" look on everyone's face.
I haven't said anything to me lab mates yet, but I'd almost be surprised if they didn't already know.
Well I've got forms to finish filling out, in triplicate. Oh the Joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home