Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Its the sart of another wonderul day annd the count down to Xmas. I really need a new word for this holiday.
In good news, every day I'm starting to feel like a new person. I feel like I'm slowly reclaiming my life. Its kind of funny how fast 3 years can go by and everything feels like just yesterday. I think I finally realized why.
I'm not the forgiving sort of person. When people wrong me I will take it to my grave or theirs as the case has been. My way to deal with problems like that is to forget them. I realized this yesterday, 5 years of history is just too much to forget. Memories are locked into every faccet of my life. Usually after relation ships end I tend to reinvent my self. I've lived an amorphic life for longer then I can remember. Changing forming reforming to become someone new. Its usually to become Mr. Right for someone new.
After about 4 years I fially let my guard down and was just me. I actualy like being me and its something I no longer want to give up. This creates a loop.
Forcably forget, actions items, ect come up because I'm still who I was, I don't want to give up being me, item, action, ect triggers memories, memories retrigger emotion, and I step back in time.
This is another problem, Time has never meant much to me. I feel kind of like Billy Profit from "slaughter house five". Everything tha has happened to me, that I remember, is all in a linear path, anytime I can step from the path and walk back to anywhere I have been and relive it. Most of my life is no big deal. Sure there were plenty of people I hate, but they no longer exist for me. Our interactions then are currently meaningless. I see I rationalize, I get back to the present.
Unfortunatly I seem to have unresolved/unresolvvable issues in this case. Unresolved because I didn't take the initiative then. Unresolvable because the other party has moved on and I no longer exist for her.
This leaves only one option. Forgive.

Strangly today there was a rerun of a howard stern show that helped in this matter. One of their workers had his wife of 3 years run away with another man. It was all kind of sad and hitting close to home, when he admited that he had an affair himself some 2 years part. Apparenty the wife hadn't been able to get over it. Everything sort of clicked after that. I never outright had an affair, but we broke up for a few months and in that time I met someone new. Apparently she never got over that.
We got back together and lived a ghost of a relaionship for then next 2ish years. I thought it was finally getting back to where things should be just before then end, but I guess I wasn't listening or hearing or I didn't know what to do about it.

Its kind of interesting what people really value. I'm still not exactly sure what is most important to me. I know that it isn't sex. If someone cheated on me I know I'd get over it. Sure I'd hate for a while and plan all sorts of wicked revenge, but in the end it just dosen't matter. People have carnal desires. Sex is one of those primal urges like food. I can't be overly pissed that who I'm with would rather have tacos tonight than the pizza I am serving.
So what is important? Love? I'm not even sure what love is any more. Not sure I really knew to begin with. I'm pretty sure I've moved from cases of infatuation to lust and back to infatuation again and again. A part of me isn't even really sure this thing called love exists.

Well this is getting long and I have lots more to say but I need to get some work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home