Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, December 20, 2004

Well its an exciting snowy monday. I couldn't get out of the house until almost noon and even then the drive in was wicked.
This weekend went pretty well. I didn't get much school work done, as most weekends are, but I did come in on sat. to check on some stuff. My science does seem to be going well enough.
Last night I got the extended version of LotR "return of the King" and I must say it was fantastic. Peter Jackson is an absolute genuis. The cuts that were made you would almost never notice. But with those pieces restored its just phenemonal.
What is an interesting point in this film as in the others is the visualization of Hollywood's Discrimination toward Halflings.
Any place where hobbits kick ass is cut from the theatrical version qand anything that makes elves look good is left and often expanded on. If you notice Legolas's stunts in each film get more and more darring, while the halflings are made out to be more and more useless. Well that all changes in the full length versions of the films. All the bad ass hobbit moves are back. I'd list some but I don't want to spoil it for all of you slackers who haven't picked up the new one yet.

Oh I also picked up I-robot. Review will come following my viewing of it. I have a feeling the term "I-suckbot" will be used numberous times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

Give I-Robot a chance. Its not base on the book. Its the only disappointing factor of it... that its like any other WIll Smith movie. The book is to make you think. The Movie is to entertain.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home