Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A few more things to mention.
Today is kind of sucking. Went through my lab plan with the new PI an it looks like I won't have any real work to do for a week or so, plenty of time to read papers :P I don't know what it is with me and papers, I tend not to absorb much from them.

This morning I got my self what was being called a chai tea latte, from the hot chocolate machnie and I made a brilliant discovery. This new fangaled thing called chai that everyone is so nuts over has been around for a long time, but back in my day we called it an atomic fireball. Seriously, thats exactly what it tasted like. It brough me back, but did little to help my sore throat.

I got stood up for lunch, which really sucked, almost as much as the turkey sandwich I had. I know better now that to go to the ghetto grocery store. The walmart was totally sketch too. I never though I'd be missing all the mutants who go to the waterford walmart. Let me reiterate how much I dislike getting stood up. Its not too hard to make plans and not too hard to keep them.
First find someone you want to meet up with.
Second determine a time you can both make it and a place to meet.
Third, show up at that place at that time.

Thats it.
Not to mention that I missed lunch with my regular crowd and ate an hour and a half late because of all of this. Bleah!!

Oh then at lunch I see Homan some scientist want-to-be from my old lab there and he asks if I can come up and help him out for an hour. Well me being in the good person mode I have been lately I agree.
[side note I have been being a good person lately. When we last went to the grocery store I noticed the lady in front of us in line was forgetting one of her bags and stoped her and told her. Then when I was moving in I found a wallet in the parking lot and took it in and returned it. I didn't even take the money that was left in it. and what do I get for all this, more bad luck]
So I'm helping homan, which takes 1.5hrs instead of 1 and we still weren't done. This wouldn't be a big deal except it made me miss cake. Today was departmental birthday day, so no cake for me.
Grrrrr......

very annoyed. Soon I'll have to go home and write up this week's adventure. heheheheheheh

2 Comments:

Blogger Shadicats said...

"Let them eat cake!"

Wise advice. Considering. *cracks herself up* Sorry. But that was what came to mind after reading that last paragraph.

Do not frit the small things. Seriously. You'll be happier.

11:41 PM  
Blogger ladymurasaki said...

Cake is for the weak...

Dates are for the weak...

Let us cook up an appropriate plan of revenge for this cat that stood you up - but then let it sit outside for a few minutes: a dish best served cold but without the wait! :D

And hun, I coulda told yo a** to avoid the Walmart - you mean the one in hard hittin' NB right? ROFL Silly boy.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home