Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Well its been a few days since I have been able to post. I'm about halfway moved in to the new appartment and slept there for the first time last night. For some reason the heat makes a clicking sound when it goes on which kept waking me up. Paranoid sleep and clicking noises do not mix well. It also smells like paint, which I think gave me a sore throat.

I'm in a new lab now working on DNA repair mechanism in certain cancer famalies, which is pretty cool. I started classes again on tuesday, which was not cool. Cell bio is going to be a big waste of time, but it needs to be done to pull my GPA back up after those B-'s from last semister.
The new lab also dosen't have a computer for me which is why it has taken me so long to put anything up. Nor does it have much equipment, but there is something to be said for joining a group just starting. At least here I feel more like I can make my own contribution instead of just helping out with someone elses. Its somewhat suprising at how much fo science is just that, runing experiments to test some minor part of someone smarter's theories.

Also I'm fairly annoyed I need to buy more books.
More to follow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home