Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My foresight is 20/20.
Its always interesting to look back at secific decisions you have made in life to determine if you made the right decision at the time. Since I came to schoolI have often wondered what would have happened if I stayed at Pfizer and along with that I have wondered what it would be like if I stayed connected to pfizer. There was a chance that the group I was working with would have paid for my education and I would probably getting more money on top of that.
Well I found out this morning that what ever choices I made, those being that I was going to leave Pfe and sever all real ties, was the right one.

The group I was going to work for was all laid off. Its a stupid move on the compagny's part, but at least I don't have to pay for it. I feel sorry for those guys. They were just a few years away from retirment and had just barly dodged lay offs that followed a transiton of their department to St. Louis, one of the country's many arm pits.
I'm just glad I'm out. I'm glad I don't have to worry now about what would happe to me if Pfizer stoped paying the bills for school, how I would get someone else to pay for it, ect.

Now I have to get off my ass and get this presentation I'm giving at 1pm ish done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home