Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Monday, May 22, 2006

Another wonderful monday.
The weekend went fairly well. Friday was a nice night alone for the most part. I didn't get much done unfortunatly. The film script is progressing slowly. right now its in the crap phase. I just need to get a first draft done so I can send it out for help and hopefully get something workable out of it.

Saturday was nice. I got up early, went to the dentist and got my oil changed. Then came home and mowed the front yard. It feels good to get stuff done. Later on me and BZ went out for dinner and to see the Da Vinci Code. So for once I get to review a film thats not already on DVD.

First off let me say its not what I expected. From all the reviews I've read, The plot was supposed to be about some heir to jesus and a big coverup. The film its self seemed to be more about nakid chicks and sex. I found this very odd, so I went and read the book...well the first 4 chapters of it and there were few similarities. After checking my movie ticket stub I found my mistake. Apparently we went to see "The Da Vinci Load, the truth cums". So it was back out to the theatre again to see the real film.

Ok, so we didn't have to go through any protest lines or have anyone badger us with religious tracks so that was a bit of a dissappointment. The film itsself was not. Tom hanks did a good job at playing a nerdy art history expert. Unlike other nerdy roles he wasn't firing machine guns or kicking ass by the second act. Reviewers were a bit harsh in my oppinion in saying the film was slow or dull. I thought it moved along nicely for the type of film it was supposed to be. I mean it was no national treasure if thats what you are thinking. My only real complaint is that it was somewhat perdictable as to who the decendant of Jesus was, but then I've been able to fingure out most films since I was 10.
So I would recomend seeing it, but its more of a DVD type film.

So after the film we came home. I was up sick most of the night due to an expansive abount of gummie and other candy and popcorn eaten at the theatre.

Sunday was spent resting. No real things to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home